Research reveals self-monitoring behaviors and tracking tools key to long-term weight loss success
- It was most common (14.6% of study participants) for people to lose weight during the first six months of a weight loss journey and then enter a maintenance phase for the remainder of the year
- In spite of the maintenance phase, 54% of 738 participants surveyed who had lost 14kg or more had been able to continue weight loss after a plateau
- Most people reported that they were still monitoring their weight on a weekly basis (44%), or at least weekly (daily + weekly, 64%)
- Members who lost more than 10% of their body weight tended to view menu plans 70% more
- After the first 12 weeks, usage of the food diary was 2.5 to 3 times higher over the remainder of the year in members who lost 10% or more of their starting body weight.
Source: Read Full Article